Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Canon in D is everywhere

If you haven't seen it yet, here is an old Youtube video of comedian Rob Paravonian singing about how Pachelbel's Canon in D seems to be everywhere and that it is following him around all the time. I got to thinking about the video and I decided to start a blog here about where we can find this wonderful piece of Baroque music in modern music. Contemporary, country, R&B? You name the musical genre, Canon in D seems to be in there somewhere. So, today begins my blogging.

1 comment:

Katie Q said...

This is a great collection of songs influenced by Cannon in D. :) I love pachabells rant... and it is actually what inspired me to do a research paper on how classical music influences popular music today. Do you have any other similar lists of othere classical pieces that influenced music today? I already have a few but I am trying to cover music from all catagories. My e-mail is kqsugarcookie@yahoo.com if you would like to get back with me, or you can reply here and I can check back. Thanks again, and again this is a great compilation of pices.